Eazel Shutting Down
Unfortunately, Eazel has announced that it is ceasing operations. Eazel is the developer of Nautilus, a graphical user interface enhancement that sits on top of Gnome. Read on to see a copy of the email that registered users of Nautilus received this evening....
Email Message to All Eazel Services Subscribers
Entitled "Eazel services shutting down"
May 16,2001, 12:30am EST
This message is to inform you that as of May 15, 2001, Eazel will discontinue the public availability of Eazel Services. For more information on why this is so, visit our web site at http://www.eazel.com.
The specifics of what this change means follows.
As of May 15, 2001:
- No new user registrations will be accepted.
- No new login sessions will be accepted from registered users.
- Access to the Eazel Software Catalog will be discontinued. Nautilus
bootstrap install programs will no longer function.
- Live access to online storage files through Eazel Services will be
In order to make this transition as pleasant as possible, we have made
your online storage files available for download over HTTP. To retrieve
- Go to https://storage.eazel.com/d/da/daiello
- Log in with your Eazel Services user name and password.
- Download your files. As a convenience, you will note that there is a
file called 'bundle.tar.gz' which contains an archive of all files you
uploaded. This bundle file makes it possible for you to retrieve all
your online storage files with a single download.
We hope you have enjoyed using Eazel Services, and we regret any
inconvenience this may cause you.
Thanks for your support.